Any production-oriented urban farm that is growing food in Baltimore City and meets the eligibility requirements below may apply for membership in the Farm Alliance. To be considered for membership, farms must:
- Be a “Producer” (currently defined as a person or group of people who are producing foods, fibers, and/or byproducts from their own plant crops or animals) located in Baltimore City.
- Meet minimum production requirements: farms must have sold or donated at least $1,500 in product last year and/or project at least that volume for this year
- Support the mission of the Farm Alliance of Baltimore City
- Adhere to a signed membership agreement, including submitting soil tests, an on-farm food safety plan, and other relevant data
- Follow the Farm Alliance’s Urban Farm Standards
- Have at least one farmer who has completed a minimum of the classroom component to the Beginning Farmer Training Program or has equivalent experience.
Application and Membership Agreement
Farms that meet the above requirements and are interested in joining are encouraged to send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then submit a Application for membership explaining your goals, methods, and projected production. The Membership Committee will arrange a site visit and if admitted, you will also need to submit current soil tests and an on-farm food safety plan as appropriate. If invited to join, farms will be asked to abide by our membership agreement. There are small annual fees associated with membership.
Depending on the level of membership that new members apply to, various benefits will be made available. Some of these benefits include a profile page on our website, shared branding and marketing, access to Farm Alliance tools and equipment, use of a joint EBT/debit/credit machine, access to a shared greenhouse and walk-in fridge space, special training, and more.
For more information, please email email@example.com
Current Member Farms
A list of current member farms and profiles of each operation can be found here >